Saturday, January 6, 2024

12/26/2023: Galatians 2:1-2 – Knowing and doing the will of God is critical for every work of the believer.


 
Galatians 2:1-2 (NKJV)

Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and also took Titus with me. And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain.

Thought for today – Knowing and doing the will of God is critical for every work of the believer.

These verses describe Paul’s motivation and careful planning for his visit to Jerusalem knowing he would need to defend his presentation of the gospel and the establishment of Gentile churches in Galatia.  At issue was the degree to which the new Gentile believers would need to observe the Law of the Old Testament.  Sometimes the most important elements of a verse are contained in a very brief statement.  That is the case in these verses.  Paul did not go to Jerusalem until he was directed by the Lord, and he stated that clearly with the words, “I went up by revelation.” 

That’s what the Book says!

No comments:

Post a Comment

02/07/2024: Galatians 5:24 – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh.

Thought for today – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh. Those who have been called and redeemed by Jesus Christ ...