Saturday, January 6, 2024

01/06/2024: Galatians 2:20 – I live by faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

 


Galatians 2:20 (NKJV)

20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Thought for today – I live by faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

In this verse, Paul presented the synopsis and triumph of his defense of the gospel.  The legalists were perverting the truth with their emphasis on keeping the Law as necessary for salvation.  In response, Paul focused on the truth of our radical, revolutionary spiritual reality with the words, “I live by faith in the Son of God.”  This life of faith we live begins with our death with Christ in His crucifixion so that we now live day-by-day in a new life that proceeds from Christ as He lives within us.

That’s what the Book says!


No comments:

Post a Comment

02/07/2024: Galatians 5:24 – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh.

Thought for today – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh. Those who have been called and redeemed by Jesus Christ ...