Wednesday, February 7, 2024

02/07/2024: Galatians 5:24 – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh.

Thought for today – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh.

Those who have been called and redeemed by Jesus Christ are constantly crucifying their flesh.  The Greek word translated “crucified” is in the present tense indicating that this is an action that is ongoing.  Paul used the word “flesh” to encompass all the appetites, passions, and desires that produce the kinds of evil listed in verses 19-21.  If I do not continually remove the influence of the flesh from my life, the fruit of the Spirit cannot flourish because the flesh and the Spirit are at war with each other (verses 16-17).  It falls to me to constantly nail my flesh to the cross.

That’s what the Bible says!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

02/07/2024: Galatians 5:24 – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh.

Thought for today – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh. Those who have been called and redeemed by Jesus Christ ...