Saturday, January 6, 2024

12/27/2023: Galatians 2:1-2 – It is wise to be diplomatic.


 

Galatians 2:1-2 (NKJV)

Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and also took Titus with me. And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain.

Thought for today – It is wise to be diplomatic.

When Paul came to see the leaders of the church in Jerusalem, he came on a mission from the churches in Syria.  Because the number of Gentile believers was exploding in the early church, they recognized the necessity for a clear, unambiguous statement of the requirements of the Mosaic law relating to the lives of the Gentile believers.  Paul met with the Jerusalem elders first in private, knowing that to achieve a thoughtful, unemotional hearing from the leaders of the church, he had to recognize their reputations and be sure that they would not be influenced by the need to keep up appearances.  In our own lives, we need to follow Paul’s example by being aware of what motivates others.

That’s what the Book says!

No comments:

Post a Comment

02/07/2024: Galatians 5:24 – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh.

Thought for today – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh. Those who have been called and redeemed by Jesus Christ ...