Tuesday, January 30, 2024

01/30/2024: Galatians 5:2-4 – Trying to earn my righteousness by keeping the Law is to fall from grace.


Thought for today – Trying to earn my righteousness by keeping the Law is to fall from grace.

Verse 4 is one of the most sobering verses in the Bible.  I am not able to the answers all the theological questions that surround this condition of one being severed from Christ and falling away from grace, but I can say it does show how catastrophic it is to seek to please God by one’s own works.  At the very least, by following the legalists, one would lose the benefit of Christ’s matchless grace.  Personally, I can imagine no greater misery than to turn away from the freedom offered to me in Christ’s sacrifice to spend my life trying to earn righteousness on my own by the things I do.

That’s what the Bible says!

No comments:

Post a Comment

02/07/2024: Galatians 5:24 – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh.

Thought for today – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh. Those who have been called and redeemed by Jesus Christ ...