Friday, January 5, 2024

12/15/2023: Galatians 1:11-12 – The gospel is the divine revelation of Jesus Christ.


 

Galatians 1:11-12 (NASB)

11 For I would have you know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel which was preached by me is not of human invention. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

Thought for today – The gospel is the divine revelation of Jesus Christ.

The gospel of which Paul speaks is the simple truth that Jesus Christ was God wrapped in human flesh, that He died for our sins as prophesied in scripture, He was buried, and that He rose again from the dead according to the scripture (1 Corinthians 15:3-5).  This gospel is not Paul’s invention, nor a story created by others, but He received it personally by direct revelation from Jesus Christ.  This gospel is the central message of our faith upon which we stand and the substance of our eternal hope.

That’s what the Book says!

No comments:

Post a Comment

02/07/2024: Galatians 5:24 – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh.

Thought for today – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh. Those who have been called and redeemed by Jesus Christ ...