Friday, January 5, 2024

12/14/2023: Galatians 1:10 – Whom do you seek to please?


 

Galatians 1:10 (NASB)

10 For am I now seeking the favor of people, or of God? Or am I striving to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ.

Thought for today – Whom do you seek to please?

Paul made the clear distinction that he could either seek popularity with people or he could serve the Lord, but he could not accomplish both.  This standard still stands today, and the choice is foundational to our service to the Lord.  At this Christmas season, it is appropriate for each of us who name Jesus Christ as our Lord to reevaluate our devotion to Him and ask and answer anew the question, “Whom do you seek to please – people, yourself, or Christ?”

That’s what the Book says!

No comments:

Post a Comment

02/07/2024: Galatians 5:24 – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh.

Thought for today – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh. Those who have been called and redeemed by Jesus Christ ...