Friday, February 2, 2024

02/02/2024: Galatians 5:13-14 – I now have liberty to serve others through love.

Thought for today – I now have liberty to serve others through love.

Having been set free from the bondage and futility of legalism and liberated from the guilt of sin and failure, I now have liberty to serve others through love.  One of the reasons that the efforts of the legalists fail is because the law of love for their neighbor is not central to their ritual.  Having been set free from the rituals of empty religion, I am free by faith to serve others in the love that flows from the Spirit of Christ in me.  That love and service in liberty fulfill the law as I love my neighbor as myself.

That’s what the Bible says!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

02/07/2024: Galatians 5:24 – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh.

Thought for today – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh. Those who have been called and redeemed by Jesus Christ ...