Saturday, January 6, 2024

12/20/2023: Galatians 1:16-18a – The Lord’s instruction is often accomplished in work and hardships.


 

Galatians 1:16b-18a (NKJV)

… I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus. 18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem.

Thought for today – The Lord’s instruction is often accomplished in work and hardships.

Following his conversion, Paul did not return to the teachings of men that he had known, and he did not go to the apostles in Jerusalem for instruction in the way of Christ.  Instead, he was taught for 3 years by Jesus Christ Himself.  Much of this training took place in the Arabian desert.  Think about what that implies.  This desert “campus” was isolated, without amenities, and a place of physical labor.  Paul was a tentmaker by trade, and along the caravan routes and among the desert tribes, he could earn a living making and repairing tents.  In Arabia, he would be alone with Jesus, away from distractions and interruptions, and free to listen, discuss, and learn the lessons of the gospel.

That’s what the Book says!

No comments:

Post a Comment

02/07/2024: Galatians 5:24 – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh.

Thought for today – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh. Those who have been called and redeemed by Jesus Christ ...