Friday, January 5, 2024

12/17/2023: Galatians 1:14 – God is not impressed with our successes (not what many of us want to hear).


 

Galatians 1:14 (NASB)

14 and I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries among my countrymen, being more extremely zealous for my ancestral traditions.

Thought for today – God is not impressed with our successes.

When Jesus stopped him on the road to Damascus (Acts 9:1-22), Paul was already well on his way to the top among his contemporary Pharisees because of his great zeal for the Jewish traditions and his superior education.  Regardless of our standing among our contemporaries and the successes we enjoy in this culture and in the church, the Lord is not impressed.  The Lord will do what is necessary to draw us to Himself and away from our own sufficiency and success to where we must depend on Him and Him alone.

That’s what the Book says!

No comments:

Post a Comment

02/07/2024: Galatians 5:24 – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh.

Thought for today – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh. Those who have been called and redeemed by Jesus Christ ...