Monday, January 22, 2024

01/22/2024: Galatians 4:4-5 – In abject humility, Jesus paid the full price of my redemption.

Thought for today – In abject humility, Jesus paid the full price of my redemption.

This verse describes the requirements God set for my redemption.  That redemption meant that God the Son had to humble Himself beyond imagination to become a man by being born of a woman as one of His own creatures and to place Himself in total subjection to the very Law He had written.  Though this verse does not speak directly of Jesus’s sacrifice, it is implied by the redemption He purchased for us with the ultimate objective that by His humility and sacrifice we would be elevated to adoption into God’s family.

“Amazing Love! How can it be
That Thou, my God, should die for me?”
Charles Wesley, 1738

That’s what the Book says!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

02/07/2024: Galatians 5:24 – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh.

Thought for today – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh. Those who have been called and redeemed by Jesus Christ ...