Sunday, February 4, 2024

02/04/2024: Galatians 5:17-18 – Victory in life comes thru being led by the Spirit.

Thought for today – Victory in life comes thru being led by the Spirit.

In these verses, Paul uses 3 terms that we need to understand.  First, he speaks of the flesh using that word to signify the cognitive, emotional, volitional, and physical part of man that is subject to the temptations that come from our nature, the world, and the devil.  Next, Paul speaks of the Spirit, specifically the indwelling Person of the Holy Spirit whom Paul calls the Spirit of Christ who indwells all those whom He has called to repentance and faith.  These two elements, the flesh and the Spirit, are locked in a struggle for my will and devotion.  The third element of this equation is the law, which in this context refers to the external set of rules and laws that are intended to help me conquer my flesh without the Spirit.  If I submit to the Spirit, I escape the control and failure of the law, and I have victory over my flesh by walking with Him and living for Him.

That’s what the Bible says!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

02/07/2024: Galatians 5:24 – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh.

Thought for today – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh. Those who have been called and redeemed by Jesus Christ ...