Sunday, January 14, 2024

01/14/2024: Galatians 3:1 – The just shall live by faith.




This profound verse is central to understanding the chapter, and indeed, the entire epistle to the Galatians.  I am going to pause here and take some time to look at this verse in its context with the goal of gaining a better understanding of Paul’s teaching through the rest of chapter3.

Permit me to speak in superlatives for a moment.  For me, verse 11 contains one of the five most profound statements in all of the Bible. These are:

  1. Genesis 1:1 “In the beginning, God….”
  2. Romans 3:10 "There is none righteous, no, not one."
  3. John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave….”
  4. Ephesians 2:8-9 “For by grace are you saved through faith….”
  5. Galatians 3:11 “the just shall live by faith.” (also in Habakkuk 2:4, Romans 1:11, Hebrews 10:38)

I see these 5 statements as central to understanding the gospel which is the foundation for all of the Bible.

That’s what the Book says!

No comments:

Post a Comment

02/07/2024: Galatians 5:24 – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh.

Thought for today – I must constantly crucify the passions and desires of my flesh. Those who have been called and redeemed by Jesus Christ ...